GREUBEL FORSEY: ART OF INVENTION - DECEMBER 2022 NEWS
Greubel Forsey: Art of Invention
As masters of invention, Swiss watch brand Greubel Forsey never fails to impress with their innovative, high-quality designs. This month we put the spotlight on four of their incredible timepieces, each renowned by watch connoisseurs.
Tourbillon 24 Secondes Architecture
Retail price $723,000
With a 47.05mm convex conical frustrum shaped case in titanium, housing a tourbillon feature, there are no doubts that this Greubel Forsey timepiece is a phenomenal creation. The masterful design of the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Architecture represents a complete departure from traditional movement construction and aesthetics, bringing an incredible architectural experience to the wrist of the wearer.
“Its case is wholly atypical, its construction purposeful, its components sculptural, their mechanical interplay kinetic and the movement – simply spectacular."
Tourbillon 24 Secondes Contemporain
Retail price $673,000
In 18-carat 5N rose gold, the Greubel Forsey Tourbillon 24 Secondes Contemporain is characterised by a round 44.5mm case and an aesthetic focus on the technical elements of the movement. With the tourbillon feature inclined at a 25º angle, this timepiece demonstrates the incredible technical precision that defines the Greubel Forsey brand.
Balancier Contemporain with Diamonds
Retail price $591,000
With an 18-carat white gold case, and a bezel set with glimmering diamonds, this Greubel Forsey timepiece is equally impressive and breathtaking in its design. In creating the Balancier Contemporain, it was of utmost importance to showcase its exclusive balance-wheel system in a compact case. Despite the challenges accompanying this, it is no surprise that Greubel Forsey achieved their goal, presenting us with this wondrous 41.6mm timepiece.
GMT Balancier Convexe
Retail price $575,000
Dedicated to the Terrestrial globe, this 46.50mm Greubel Forsey timepiece is exquisite in both its aesthetic composition and its technical detail. At the heart of an amphitheatre-like dial sits a miniature titanium Earth, positioning our planet as the centre of the universe. The GMT Balancier Convexe moves in a constant 24-hour rotation, emulating Earth’s real-life movement, and features a spectacular GMT complication.
“It is the purest and most contemporary interpretation of the GMT complication ever imagined, deeply rooted in the universe of the brand as well as in Haute Horlogerie.”
Greubel Forsey at J Farren-Price
For all those discerning watch lovers, we are sure that you will absolutely adore the Greubel Forsey collection available at J Farren-Price. Discover the brand on our website now, or visit us in-store to explore the range with a member of our professional sales team.
GREUBEL FORSEY TOURBILLON 24 SECONDES ARCHITECTURE
- Materials: Convex conical frustrum shaped titanium case with synthetic sapphire crystal. Three-dimensional, variable geometry bezel with raised engraved text. Titanium, polished and frosted crown with GF logo. Transparent case back. Titanium security screws. Non-animal material rubber strap with text in relief, titanium folding clasp, engraved GF logo.
- Dial: Transparent dial, revealing the movement components, encompassed by relief-engraved Greubel Forsey values that inspired this creation: Architecture, Harmonie, Innovation, Technique, Bienfacture, Passion, Science, Exclusivité, Créativité. Hours and minutes hands in polished steel with Super-LumiNova. Small seconds hand, red triangle. Power reserve on a sector and tourbillon rotation. Three-dimensional, variable gemoetry hour-ring, indexes with Super-LumiNova.
- Functions: Hours, minutes and small seconds. Water resistance 5 ATM - 50 m - 164 ft.
- Power Source: Hand-wound movement with 2 patents. 42 jewels. 21,600 vibrations per hour. Chronometric power reserve of 90 hours.
- Diameter: 47.05mm.
GREUBEL FORSEY BALANCIER CONTEMPORAIN WITH DIAMONDS
- Materials: 18ct white gold case, crown and bezel set with diamonds
- Dial: Multi-level in gold and mother-of-pearl with a visual opening for the balance wheel, polished bevel. Small seconds in gold and mother-of-pearl, polished bevel. Power-reserve in gold, engraved and black lacquered, hand matt lapped
- Functions: Hours and minutes, small seconds. 72-hours power reserve on a sector.
- Power Source: Manual winding with 72-hours power reserve on a sector.
- Diameter: 41.6MM