VACHERON CONSTANTIN TOURBILLON AND PERPETUAL CALENDAR TIMEPIECES - SEPTEMBER 2022 NEWS
This month we take the opportunity to showcase some of our favourite Vacheron Constantin timepieces, focusing on their magnificent Tourbillon and Perpetual Calendar models. These exquisite Vacheron Constantin designs are sure to impress, comprised of only the finest craftsmanship and expert watch complications.
In 1801, Swiss-French watchmaker Abraham-Louis Breguet patented the Tourbillon - a watch complication that counteracts the errors of poise and balance caused by gravity. While this was originally designed to improve the weight distribution of pocket watches in their vertical position, the feature is now seen in the highest quality wristwatches, too. As you can imagine, the addition of the Tourbillon mechanism to a wristwatch - which may be positioned in any number of ways at any given time – requires an even more exceptional level of expertise and precision.
From the Vacheron Constantin Traditionelle collection, we have two of their extraordinary Tourbillon timepieces in stock, one 39mm retailing at $240,000 and one 41mm retailing at $203,000. Both with 18ct rose gold cases, these watches are imbued with the technical refinement that is showcased by all models in their Traditionelle collection. They pay homage to the Geneva Haute Horlogerie traditions that have been passed down for centuries.
The Perpetual Calendar
One of the most useful (and sought-after) developments in the technical world of horology has been the ability to include a date display on the dial of a wristwatch. Today, there exists a variety of date displays, the most complex of which is the Perpetual Calendar. This feature accurately displays the date, day, month and year – as well as accounting for leap years! Making for the ideal, reliable daily companion.
We are most pleased to have a Vacheron Constantin Perpetual Calendar timepiece currently available, retailing at $124,000, which showcases the stylistic pureness embodied in their Patrimony collection. This timeless collection can be summarised as 'a quest for essentials'. With its minimalistic yet classic design, this Perpetual Calendar watch balances taut lines and curves, all within a slick, ultra-thin case.
Explore the Vacheron Constantin Range
If you’re excited by the intricacy and technical mastery of these watches, we invite you to explore more of our Vacheron Constantin collection online here or visit our Sydney salon. Alternatively, you can speak to one of our professional sales team via telephone on 02 9231 3299, and start the exciting journey towards your next timepiece!
- Materials: 18K 5N pink gold case, crown and bezel. Brown alligator strap.
- Dial: Metal
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds on tourbillon carriage
- Power Source: Automatic with approximately 80 hours power reserve
- Diameter: 41 mm
- Materials: 18ct rose gold case. Horns, bezel and frame set with 208 round-cut diamonds. Two straps - satin in dark grey and Mississippiensis alligator in dark grey. Size 20/18. Deployant buckle in rose gold.
- Dial: Mother-of-pearl dial with indexes as hour markers. Hours and minutes hands. Tourbillon mechanism, shaped like the Maltese cross, is fully visible at 6 o'clock position. Tourbillon mechanism surrounded by 46 round-cut diamonds.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, tourbillon and small seconds on tourbillon carriage. Water resistant to 3 bar.
- Power Source: Self-winding tourbillon movement. Calibre 2160/1. 188 parts, 30 jewels, 18,000 vibrations per hour. Power reserve of approximately 80 hours.
- Diameter: 39.00mm.
PATRIMONY PERPETUAL CALENDAR ULTRA-THIN
- Materials: 18ct rose gold case, crown and bezel. Mississippiensis alligator (dark brown) leather.
- Dial: Silver
- Functions: Hours, Minutes, perpetual calendar, hand-type day of the week, hand-type month, hand-type date, moon phase, 48-month counter with leap year indication
- Power Source: Automatic self-winding with 40 hours power reserve
- Diameter: 41mm