GRAND SEIKO NEW RELEASES - AUGUST 2022 NEWS
This month, we are certain that our fellow watch enthusiasts will be thrilled about the arrival of three Grand Seiko novelties. Each new timepiece is instilled with creativity and inspiration, which speaks to the true ingenious and artistic integrity of all Grand Seiko designs. Be entranced by three unique dials, each giving a glimpse into the various stunning Japanese landscapes that surround the Grand Seiko studios.
SBGY009 – Grand Seiko Heritage Collection 44GS 55th Anniversary Limited Edition
From Grand Seiko’s studio in Shiojiri, the enchanting beauty of a full moon in the night sky can be seen above the breathtaking Shinshu mountains...
This alluring night sky is exactly what inspired the deep blue dial of this exclusive new 40mm timepiece – which is complemented perfectly by a dark blue strap. Light is captured at every angle by the dial’s sunray pattern, recreating the sparkle of the moon across the Shinshu landscape.
Powered by the manual-winding Spring Drive Calibre 9R31, Grand Seiko’s SBGY009 is a limited edition of 1,500 pieces. As the Spring Drive signature glide motion seconds hand sweeps silently across the dial, we are reminded of the serene and eternal nature of the passage of time.
SLGH017 – Grand Seiko Evolution 9 'Night Birch'
This new 40mm Hi-Beat 36000 watch from the Evolution 9 collection features a black dial, reminiscent of the white birch forests on the Hiraniwa Plateau at night.
The watch’s Zaratsu polished, distortion-free mirror finish and delicate hairline finish alternate to give the case a quiet and harmonious glow. Powered by Grand Seiko's revolutionary Calibre 9SA5, this novelty watch has a power reserve of 80 hours thanks to the high efficiency of Grand Seiko’s unique Dual Impulse Escapement and the high power generation of the twin barrels.
As always, this one-of-a-kind Grand Seiko timepiece succeeds in presenting both creative style and functionality.
SLGA015 – Grand Seiko Evolution 9 Spring Drive 5 Days Diver
Inspired by the criss-crossing currents of the oceans surrounding the Japanese archipelago, this new 43.80mm Evolution 9 Diver is as functional as it is creative. This artistry can be felt through the deep black patterned dial, which is reminiscent of the often intense Kuroshio Current - also known as the Black Stream.
The high contrast between the dial and the hands, accompanied by Lumibrite on both the hands and markers, work together to create a watch that has exceptional legibility. It has been carefully designed with a High-Intensity Titanium case and ceramic rotating bezel to prevent scratching. With water resistance of Diver's 200 metres, this timepiece is a uniquely high specification watch, made perfect for the passionate diver.
As always, Grand Seiko continues to master the art of synthesising the luxury watch with the beauty of the natural world. Visit us in-store or enquire online here to secure your exclusive new Grand Seiko timepiece.
SLGH017- GRAND SEIKO EVOLUTION 9 'NIGHT BIRCH'
- Materials: High-intensity titanium case (allergy safe metal). Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on inner surface. See-through and screw case back. Screw-down crown. 192mm titanium bracelet.
- Dial: Black textured dial with baton markers. Hours, minutes and seconds hands. Date window at 3 o'clock position.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds and date. Water resistant to 10 bar.
- Power Source: Automatic with manual winding. Calibre 9SA5. Power reserve of approximately 80 hours. Accuracy of +5 to -3 seconds a day (at normal temperature range (-10° and 60°).
- Diameter: 40.00mm.
SLGA015 - GRAND SEIKO 'EVOLUTION 9' DIVER
- Materials: High-intensity titanium case. Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on inner surface. Unidirectional rotating bezel. Screw-down crown. Screw case back. LumiBrite on hands, index(es) and bezel. 185mm titanium bracelet with three-fold clasp with secure lock & push button release, solid & slide adjuster.
- Dial: Black textured dial with baton markers. Hours, minutes and seconds hands. Power reserve indicator. Date window at 3 o'clock position.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds and date. Timer on bezel. Water resistant to diver's 200 metres.
- Power Source: Spring Drive. Calibre 9RA5. Power reserve of approximately 120 hours. Accuracy of ±0.5 second per day (±10 seconds per month).
- Diameter: 43.80mm.